Hello, I’m Yuki.
I’ll show you how to make Basque Cheesecake easily at home!
I referred Japanese TV program call “3 Minutes Cooking”.
This program introduces simple and delicious recipes, so I refer this program frequently.
What is Basque Cheesecake?
Basque cheesecake is eaten at Basque Country located between France and Spain. The top of cheesecake is burned and it taste like caramel. Bitter taste caramel goes well with sweet cheesecake.
It looks like bellow.
- 15 cm cake pan
- Heat-resistant bowl
- Tea strainer
- Paper towel
- Parchment paper
- Cream cheese: 200g
- Plain yogurt: 80g
- Sugar: 70g
- 2 eggs
- Fresh cream: 200ml
- Cake flour: 1 table spoon
- Put strainer on the bowl and lay paper towel. Put 80g of yogurt on it and put in to the refrigerator for 1 hour. The water of yogurt will drop to the bowl. Leave until the weight of yogurt gets to 40g.
- Preheat the oven to 220-230 degree. I set my conventional oven to 220 degree. It takes about 15 minutes to make cake dough, so it is perfect time for me to start preheat from this procedure.
- Cut the parchment paper to 30cm×30cm and cover the cake pan. Parchment paper gets crumbled but its fine.
- Spray water to parchment paper. I just brush water on my hand.
- Put the 200g of cream cheese to Heat-resistant bowl. Set microwave to 500W and warm for 40 seconds.
- Mix cream cheese with whisk until cake dough gets smooth.
- Add 70g of sugar to cream cheese.
- Beat 2 eggs and add to Procedure 7 and mix.
- Add yogurt (Procedure 1) to Procedure 8 and mix until cake dough gets smooth.
- Add 200 ml of fresh cream to Procedure 9.
- Pass through 1 spoon of cake flour with tea strainer and put into Procedure 10.
- Put Procedure 11 to cake pan.
- Bake with oven which preheat to 220-230 degree for 30 minutes.
- Put out from oven and cool for 2 hours with refrigerator. Cold cheesecake is much more delicious, so I leave it until next day.
- Put out from cake pan and parchment paper. Cut to your favorite size.
It takes long time to leave cake dough at refrigerator and oven, but the time to work is short.
Basque Cheesecake is delicious and easy to make, so please make it at home!